Why use Cultured Stone instead of tiles?
Why use Cultured Stone instead of acrylic inserts?
How are the joints sealed, if there is no grout?
What are the thicnkesses of your panels
Do you produce Onyx products?
How do I place an order?
Ask your contractor if they are an authorized cultured stone dealer – most often, they will place the order for you to ensure the correct measurements and finished edges. We are also open to the public, so feel free to place the an order with your own measurements. Please be aware that placing an order via e-mail to email@example.com can be sent to the junk folder and missed, so please follow up with a phone call on your first order to ensure it is received.
“We do full bathroom renovation from start to finish”.
We also work with your contractor to accommodate your orders.
Do I need to know which edges of my top or panels will be exposed?
Can I change or cancel my order once it has been placed?
What are your typical lead times?
- Cultured Marble products can usually be produced in a 2 week period.
- Marble-ite can usually be produced in a 4-5 week period.
- Cultured Granite can be produced in 2-6 week period.
- Panel installations are typically booked 4-6 weeks from the time of order.
- If custom glass is involved, an additional 2-3 weeks will be required after the time of product installation.
Do you make custom sizes?
Do you have stock or standard size items on hand for purchase?
What are the small veins near the drain on my old sink?
How can I avoid Crazing/Thermal Shock?
How can a rust spot near my sink drain be removed?
How do I care for my Cultured Stone Products?
(Click the yellow link to open our guidelines)
Will Cultured Stone Stain
Will my Cultured Stone counter top scratch?
Can minor scratches be removed?
Can chips or major scratches be repaired?
Will my curling iron damage the surface of my counter top?
We do offer full service installation of Shower walls/ panels, ceilings, around tub area, and shower doors, vanity sinks/ backsplash with full plumbing services.
We also work closely with your contractor to accommodate your desire.
Can I install my own materials?
Can your products be cut? What do you use?
Can Plumber's Putty be used on Cultured Stone
How do I properly install my shower base?
- Standard Bases – must be set directly against the studs, level and set it a small amount of Tile Thinset with the drain hooked up. Silicone should be used for the installation of the drain, not Plumber’s Putty.
- Custom slab Base – must be set directly against the studs, level, and set in a bed of Tile Thinset plops, or “Cow Patties”, placed 4” – 6” apart. These Cow Patties should fill all gaps between the sub-floor and the base, meaning they will be larger and higher near the outside of the base, and smaller near the drain. Strapping may be used around the outside of the base, if necessary. Silicone should be used for the installation of the drain, not Plumber’s putty.
- Linear slab Base – Must be set directly against the studs and installed with a slope of 1/4” per foot. LINEAR SLAB BASES MUST NOT BE INSTALLED LEVEL or they will not drain. The base should have strapping at the end opposite the drain, and must be set in a bed of Tile Thinset plops, or “Cow Patties” placed 4”-6” apart. These Cow Patties should fill all gaps between the sub-floor and the base, meaning they will be larger and higher near the raised end opposite the drain, and smaller near the drain. Silicone should be used for the installation of the drain, not Plumber’s Putty
If you have any questions regarding the proper installation of your base, please call us at 905-561-4550
How do I properly install my Adjustable Threshold and Ramp?
What backer-board should I use?
How do I know if my site is properly prepped for my wall panels?
- My base/tub is properly installed as per manufacturer’s guidelines (click here to jump to the guidelines for our bases)
- My 1/2” Plywood or waterproof drywall is securely fastened to the studs and set directly onto the flanges of my tub/base
- My plumbing is roughed-in
- I have properly reinforced the walls with 2×4 blocking for my grab bars and/ or surface mounted seat
- My flooring is installed up to my slab base (For areas using Custom and Linear slab bases only)
Most aspects of site prep can be confirmed with a photo, so feel free to send a pictured of your prep to firstname.lastname@example.org .
How long does it take to install a shower?
How long after installation will I be able to use my tub/shower?
What is the Warranty on your Products?
(Click the yellow link to open our warranty)